Re: [OM] Its a tool not just Re: An object of beauty

Subject: Re: [OM] Its a tool not just Re: An object of beauty
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 16:27:03 -0500
> may I also profer that the 3ti's are amongst amongst the most
> currently used OM camera's on the list (AG and myself)

My knee-jerk response was going to be "yeah, tell me another one."

But, just maybe you are onto something.  The OM-4T in my kit gets used a
little more than the OM-3Ti, because of the auto-exposure as well as the
fact that when I'm using multiple cameras in an event shoot, I'd rather not
bang up the OM-3Ti. However, at most, the ratio is 60/40.  For event shoots,
the OM-4T has been the primary camera, for spec and assignment work, it's
the OM-3Ti. The OM-2S has been temporarily retired until it undergoes a CLA
at John's.

But let's put it here folks:  My 2009 average has been three rolls a week
since January 1.  That's 60+ rolls this year so far.  10 years ago, that
would have been NOTHING, but now it's actually quite a bit.  Collectively on
this list, what do we estimate as the total number of rolls shot in 2009 so
far?  My 60+ is probably a very large percentage.  All it takes is one or
two other OM-3Ti owners to run a few rolls through their cameras for it to
become the "most used" OM camera on the list. If not the most used (which
has to be the OM-4(T,Ti)), awefully close.

BTW, I have most definitely used the one unique feature of the OM-3Ti - The
TTL-OTF flash control with shutter drag.  Life is good, very good. The 3Ti
combined with the T45 is a very stout combination.  Actually, a little too
stout, but that's another story.  That system hasn't been invited back to
the school concerts.

Hmm...  I sense a Zone-10 Survey coming on....

AG