Re: [OM] Oily 300/4.5. Suggestions?

Subject: Re: [OM] Oily 300/4.5. Suggestions?
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 08:53:58 -0400
Even if the front group unscrews easily (and it may), it's still a big
job. The diaphragm plate has to come completely apart and all parts
degreased.

At least the plate has 3 screws holding it all together when you drop it
back in.  That is what tipped me off that the 35-105 zoom is definitely
not Olympus built.  The only screws holding all the blade parts in are
the 3-4 screws that hold the blade assembly into the barrel. You have to
get all the blades in place, put the cover plate on (no screws holding
it on), set it all on top of a large diameter dowel and lower lens
barrel down around it.  Align it with holes in the barrel and get screws
in before the blades fall out.
John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com