Re: [OM] Oily 300/4.5. Suggestions?

Subject: Re: [OM] Oily 300/4.5. Suggestions?
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 12:17:01 -0400
Remove front lens assembly, remove mount.  There are (I think) 4 screws
accessible from the back that hold the diaphragm assembly plate in.
 From the front, diaphragm cam, and some springs and levers may have to
come out first.  The hardest part MAY be simply unscrewing the from
group.  No set screws, just that many appear to be glued in.  Even in
the 80s, I watched Japanese techs (with 300/4.5 in a full size vice)
with giant spanners trying to unscrew the front tube.  It never budged
even after liquid wrench, alcohol, acetone, every solvent under the sun
was applied.  Spanner eventually broke.  Not really a do it at home job.
John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977