Re: [OM] I've been on the sidelines for a bit, however this looks like

Subject: Re: [OM] I've been on the sidelines for a bit, however this looks like a decent deal 4Ti
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban" <zuiko21@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 15:38:49 +0200
Hi, Fernando and all,

> From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Since I'm at the limit of beginning to collect them, I should make
> convenient choices !.

Be careful, this is a slippery downhill! :-)

> Look, it's marked SKD8 at the rear - this could be my first 'marked'
> Zuiko !.

According to <http://photo.net/olympus-camera-forum/00KbGJ> this was made
August 1984. Below on the same page, our John H. explains the older
manufacturing code, found under the focusing rubber.

> Pity it doesn't say MC anywhere.
> It should, according to the table linked above.

As Moose already pointed, these later Zuikos are all implicitly MC.

> Does anyone know how high would Ireland (European) taxes for U.S
> incoming goods are?
>

> From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
> Incoming duty to Ireland from outside EU would be about 6%, and VAT 21% on
> top of duty and shipping cost, Fernando.  Let's say 25-30% in round
> figures.

More or less the same in Spain, although our VAT is currently 16%. BTW, the
duty is charged over the selling price PLUS shipping, and then the VAT over
ALL of it :-(

However, whether it is actually charged or not, depends on the particular
customs inspector on duty, I believe ;-) Most of my purchases from outside
EU weren't charged, although items sent via FedEx, United Parcel Smashers,
etc are likely to be charged with duties.

a couple of 72mm filters (linear pol. and UV-Sky) would help a
> lot.

Be careful with filters on such long focal lengths... they MUST be of very
high optical quality! OTOH, unless you're dealing with a lot of UV light, a
UV or Sky filter is not that needed for protection, because of the great
built-in hood.

> As Carlos says, I'm waiting for the micro-fourthirds too.

Welcome to the club! ;-)

> Feels good when I stop eating 1 gr. of Li+ / day.

Uh-oh, nipolar disorder here... :-) :-) You better continue taking your
Lithium, your pocket will thank you.

> Quoting Henri Ey, who in turn quotes Magnan, who quotes Falret et
> Baillarger as Pierre Janet had wrote:  "Il peut arriver que le malade
> qui a d?j? eu plusieurs acc?s, soit averti de sa prochaine rechute par
> un "signal-symptome". (H. Ey - ?tude 21, pp 52.)

Ahem... me, like many other listées, can't speak/understand/read French... a
translation would be most appreciated.

Cheers,
--
Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas
IES Turaniana (Roquetas de Mar, Almeria)