Re: [OM] (IMG) you bet your head

Subject: Re: [OM] (IMG) you bet your head
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 14:21:14 -0300
Cc: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
I feel a relief :-)

Thought it was only me who feels as if lost in the Minotaur labyrinth
while post-processing _ really, I thought it was all ignorance of my part.
Some are, perhaps most of them, specially one regarding whether to move
the gray point slider to the right (higher gamma value, > 1.), after
moving the white point slider to the left (< 255) _ at each color
channel. Another one: in CS3 Suite, Edit -> Color Settings -> Advanced
Controls: should the box before 'Blend RGB Colors Using Gamma: [ 1 ]' be
checked or un-checked ?. If checked, should value be ' 1 '?.

One thing about NI I know for sure: it certainly does a good job on .jpg
when knowledgeably used, but on high res. scanned .tiff it's either 'too
bad' or 'unnoticeable'. In this Rivoli 16bit/Ch .tiff is 'unnoticeable
(almost)'.

I will study NI following your suggestions.

Wouldn't there be a FM tutorial at Z10 ? - or do I recall wrong ?
Shall investigate FM stuff, heard you talking on these before.

Thank you once again, Moose.

Fernando.