Re: [OM] Images As The Mood Strikes - 2

Subject: Re: [OM] Images As The Mood Strikes - 2
From: <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 11:18:51 -0400
Cc: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
---- Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
<snip>

> What if the "artist", and I use the term very loosely here, intends just
> those effects. Perhaps he wants to see what happens when there are only
> soft, poorly differentiated colors and no depth clues. That's a
> different experience for the eye. What does it feel like?

<snip>

At risk of sounding like a smart-ass (who, me?), I'd say too many beers. All
said, by the way, after viewing on a computer screen. Looking at an actual
print, particularly one on some sort of textured paper, might change the whole
equation. This might be stating the obvious, but I think when images are
rendered on screens in pixels, it's varying degrees of sharpness (or maybe
clarity) that given them a sense of texture.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com