Re: [OM] (OT) Pixel (?) line on monitor

Subject: Re: [OM] (OT) Pixel (?) line on monitor
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 08:23:23 -0400
Your system also likely does a memory check each time it boots.  But now
it appears that you have an intermittent problem.  So lets just hope it
stays away.  If it comes back you will probably need a special mem test
tool that will chug away for hours (or days) trying to find a failure.

It's not impossible but I would be surprised if your system doesn't
require memory SIMMS to be installed in pairs.  If you have 4GB
installed it's most likely as 4 1GB SIMMS which means you'd have to take
down 2GB at a time.  Maybe you have 8 512MB SIMMS but I don't think
that's likely.  Check your owner's manual.

Chuck Norcutt