[OM] IMG: A Different Friday Flower by Jim N.

Subject: [OM] IMG: A Different Friday Flower by Jim N.
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 00:11:27 -0500
Cc: Olympus Camera Discussion <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
With my recent flower photos, I have made an effort to show the beauty that can
be found in common blooms.  In looking for an image for this Friday, I was
attracted to the shadows formed by the side-lighting on this Rhododrendron
cluster. I decided to use the unusual view this Friday, just to illustrate
another way of viewing the flowers.

In some lens experimentation, I was using the closest example I have to a "35mm
standard" lens to use on the E-510, in this case a Takumar 1.8/55mm, which
becomes the equivalent of a 110mm lens in terms of a full-frame 35mm system.
The longer focal length is much easier to focus than the Elmarit-R 2.8/28 that
I have been using lately, but the lens is not as sharp as the Leica lens.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Shadows+14.tif.html

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA