Re: [OM] OM sighting [was cricket]

Subject: Re: [OM] OM sighting [was cricket]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 14:39:15 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> I wasn't aware of that - the 'perfect circle' is a good reason.
> Lensbabies use the magnetic ones, simple and clever.

Yes, clever. Obviously much quicker to change than the SIMA. I see they
have creative aperture accessories.
<http://lensbaby.com/accessories-creative.php>

I hadn't kept up with Lenbabies. The new line with three different
adjustment designs and four interchangable optics inserts makes a lot of
sense. Although I'm still not convinced that pinhole on 35mm can be as
nice as on larger film sizes.

What I don't "get" is their pricing. More power to them for getting
those prices, but they seem to me to be 3-4 times what they "should" be
compared to what other relatively simple stuff costs. Simple example -
the Muse with double element element lens costs $50 more than a two
element lens. $50 for a single piece of coated glass?

I guess I should break out the SIMA again and play. I've never used it
on digital. The price is right, as I've long since forgotten the
princely $13.75, including shipping, that I paid for it.

Moose