Re: [OM] OM sighting [was cricket]

Subject: Re: [OM] OM sighting [was cricket]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 02:10:40 -0700
Andrew Fildes wrote:
> A friend uses a SIMA (and Lensbabies) - I thought it lacked a diaphragm and
> had a wider aperture than that.

He has an incomplete one. The SIMA wide open is f2.0 and uses simple
waterhouse stops mounted under a ring at the front for smaller
apertures. Mine came with f4 and f5.6 stops and a neutral density filter
in a little case. I suppose they use such stops not only because they
are inexpensive, but for the perfect circles. Easy enough to make any
stop one wants, including different shapes for effects.

Simple samples showing the effects are here.
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Lenses/SIMA/>

If he is interested, I could easily scan them and he could cut out his
own. They are just a thin, black, stiff paper/cardboard. Thin plastic
would be more durable.

Moose