[OM] Item number: 270379837711

Subject: [OM] Item number: 270379837711
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 09:03:21 -0400
Yes, yes.  Granted it is about 1 stop brighter.  If the VF is too dim
focus contrast doesn't matter much.  The "no free lunch" law of physics
should dictate thet the increased brightness comes at a cost of reduced
focus contrast.  So perhaps an F1.2 lens might be more difficult to
focus for example---like with DSLR's all would appears fine in the VF,
but the nasty surprise would be on the print/slide.  The Screens for
the DSLR's are purposely made for slower lenses and AF so faster MF
lenses can be tricky to use w/o live view focus.  Perhaps this is
indeed a non-issue in OM but have not seen comments until now.   CH's
solution is interesting too.

Mike

I have 2-13 screens in my OM-4T bodies and they are MUCH easier for me
focus. I can focus the 1-series screens fine in bright light, but I do
a lot
of very low light handheld work with 3200 speed film and I can never
nail
the focus with the 1-series screens, I always end up backfocusing or
frontfocusing when shooting fast lenses near wide open. That is almost
never
a problem with the 2-13.