Re: [OM] Fried yet another yabe slave flash radio transmitter

Subject: Re: [OM] Fried yet another yabe slave flash radio transmitter
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 08:03:58 -0500

>  But I have in the back of my head that there may be a problem trying
> to trigger a receiver that's only 6" away.  Can't recall where I heard
> that.  Dunno, never tried it myself but you can answer the question
> yourself in a flash.  :-)

Transmitter-Receiver distance isn't the problem.  Receiver-Receiver distance
is.  If you have receivers within a few feet of each other they will false
trigger each other.

I modified one of my triggers with a hand-made antenna. I could easily
extend trigger distance to 300+ feet with no failed triggers. However, one
of the three transmitters is quite a bit better than the others and in
combination of the hot-shoe and pc-sync cord, I can reliably trigger flashes
in the 150 foot range.

I bought them thinking they were rather disposable and hoped to just get a
single season out of them. But I'm into year three now and they keep
chugging along.

AG