Re: [OM] Trip to the US?

Subject: Re: [OM] Trip to the US?
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Apr 2009 04:13:35 -0400
No, I don't think they are. Circuit City had a lot of problems, and a couple
years ago they fired all of their sales people, because the old staff was
decently paid (around $12 an hour), while the company replaced them with
people making only $6 an hour. It made the company look bad and they lost a
lot of business because of it. In many parts of the USA, including Indiana
(where I live), a person can survive on $12 an hour. Note that I said
survive, not get rich or even be middle class. But you can live. No one,
anywhere in the USA, no matter how low the cost of living, can eat every day
and have even the most modest dwelling on $6 an hour. It is poverty wages,
and it is what most retailers pay here.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography