Re: [OM] CoC and DOF, was: The ones that get away.

Subject: Re: [OM] CoC and DOF, was: The ones that get away.
From: Doug <doug9345@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 08:57:18 -0400
On Friday, March 20, 2009 07:43, Andrew Fildes wrote:
> It involves a process of rolling to a seated position on the floor if
> a squat won't do it.
> Given my rotundity, it is a remarkable sight - it's reduced a few
> students to hysterical laughter.
> I now direct them to perform simple tasks like fetching my chair (the
> soft one).
> Getting back up involves a kind of press-up and pulling the legs under.
> I must work on my arm strength.
> I have managed to repair a pine floor recently with this technique
> though using a mallet and chisel between your knees or while prone is
> awkward.
> Reminds me of an Ernie Wise (?) comment - "you know you're getting
> old when you bend down to pick up something and think to yourself,
> 'What else can I do while I'm down here?'"
> Andrew Fildes
> afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I contend that I must be getting taller as I get older because the floor seems
to be getting father and farther away and my head is growing up through my
hair.:-)

If you don't use a cane I recommend that you have one around. I used one for
awhile when I hurt my back last year. It provides several things. It gives
you something to lean on when you are getting up. You can turn it end for end
and reach under stuff without crawling and people seem to be much more
solicitous  to you if you're using a cane. -Doug