Re: [OM] CoC and DOF, was: The ones that get away.

Subject: Re: [OM] CoC and DOF, was: The ones that get away.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:21:14 -0400
Best definition I've heard yet.  :-)  I can recall having a near violent
disagreement many years ago with someone who claimed to be a
photographer who disputed my statement that DOF was related to final
print size.  To him DOF was an invariant that you read off some table
(probably copied from the Leica original) that, of course, made no
mention of print magnification or viewing distance or, heaven forbid,
the resolving power of the human eye.  Case (and mind) closed.  :-)

Dr. Focus