Re: [OM] CoC and DOF, was: The ones that get away.

Subject: Re: [OM] CoC and DOF, was: The ones that get away.
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 15:27:45 -0400
Just like I do, you get to form your own opinion of the photographic
merits of the work.  So you're not wrong if you don't like the photos.
However, to beat the guy over the head because "It is obvious to me that
he was looking for photographs to prove the value of the P65 back" is
more than a bit unfair.  After all, the article is not titled "My finest
work from Zion".  Instead it's called "A Phase One P65+ Field Report"
Like most of Reichmann's field reports it's short on pixel peeping
(except to demo the noise levels up to ISO 100) and talks more about
usability, compatibility and the reasons why one might be willing (or
not) to spend such a gawdawful amount of money on a camera.

If it was designed to show the sand grains he was far off the mark by
mostly showing us a handful of web size images which could otherwise
have been taken with your A1.  Get up on the wrong side of the bed today?

Chuck Norcutt