Re: [OM] CoC and DOF, was: The ones that get away.

Subject: Re: [OM] CoC and DOF, was: The ones that get away.
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 22:43:53 +1100
It involves a process of rolling to a seated position on the floor if
a squat won't do it.
Given my rotundity, it is a remarkable sight - it's reduced a few
students to hysterical laughter.
I now direct them to perform simple tasks like fetching my chair (the
soft one).
Getting back up involves a kind of press-up and pulling the legs under.
I must work on my arm strength.
I have managed to repair a pine floor recently with this technique
though using a mallet and chisel between your knees or while prone is
awkward.
Reminds me of an Ernie Wise (?) comment - "you know you're getting
old when you bend down to pick up something and think to yourself,
'What else can I do while I'm down here?'"
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx