Re: [OM] Flower show portrait 2009

Subject: Re: [OM] Flower show portrait 2009
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 11:03:20 -0400
On Mar 13, 2009, at 10:34 AM, Ken Norton wrote:

> With the OM or Leica system, for example, I can raise the camera
> to the eye for framing, click the shutter and have the camera
> lowered in
> less time than it takes for the AF to figure out which point to use.

Well, just to be contrary, that ain't necessarily so. My D3 is set to
shoot on release. I focus with the AF-ON button. There is no delay
between punching the shutter and capturing the image. I also can
manual focus. There's no DOF gauge, but I can still hit the hyperfocal
pretty accurately by picking something the right distance, setting
focus, and then forgetting it. Now if you want to talk about the
amount of time it takes to actually raise that 5-pound brick to the
eye, that's something else. <g>

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com