Re: [OM] Highly overrated? Not

Subject: Re: [OM] Highly overrated? Not
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 17:31:34 -0500
Moose de 5D wrote:

> >> Never seen one of those... yet.  (Err99)
> Nor have I.

The 5D has ended up being one of the best cameras Canon has made. All of the
handwringing about lack of seals, robustness, etc., haven't really come to
anything.  But then the cameras WITH seals, additional robustness, etc.,
have issues.  One camera I would never buy used without a very specific
knowledge of the history of it is the 20D.

> Maybe 'cause it's Tamron lenses and they withhold information from the
> camera body. :-)

Your intent might have been as a joke, but there could definitely be
something to that.  Maybe the way the contacts are made in the Tamron are
different.  I just know that the autofocus doesn't work with my older
lenses.

AG