Re: [OM] Sigma Lens 18-50mm F/2.8 EX DC Macro

Subject: Re: [OM] Sigma Lens 18-50mm F/2.8 EX DC Macro
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 14:03:28 +1100 (EDT)
Hi Ken,

> > And I still dont know why Olympus havent produced something like
> > the 35-80mm F2.8 for the 4/3's system. Surely there must be a market
> > for a lense like that.

> Well, I'd say that the 14-54 is close.  Bokeh is wrong, but sharpness is
> there.

Also the constant F2.8.

I've looked at the Olympus Zuiko 14-35mm f/2.0 SWD but I really need
the extra 5mm, which is one of the reasons I prefer the OM 35-80 over
the OM 35-70 (plus the other reasons).

I find I used that OM lense mainly on 80mm but also being able
to zoom out is great for those tight moments when carrying other
lenses is inconvenient, of its not practical to swap a lense.

Probably why the 35-80 F2.8 was rarely moved off the OM4Ti :-)
Add to that the sharpness and bokeh. Sigh, I miss that lense.
Photos I've taken just miss that little bit of magic without it.

Prick that stole it probably has no appreciation for what they
pinched.

The criteria for me is that it is a constant F stop, and reachs or
includes the 35-80 range of the OM. I'm loath to get the Sigma
but I think I'll do some more searching then I probably will get
it depending on what I find.

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/

Resistence is useless!!(if less than 1 ohm).