Re: [OM] 12 is enough

Subject: Re: [OM] 12 is enough
From: Frank Wijsmuller <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 21:02:05 +0100
Maybe we don't take it too seriously remembering this ;-).

*4 mega pixels CCD is good enough for consumer use

In the Camedia E-10 press conference on 22 August 2000, the President of
Olympus, Mr Masatoshi Kishimoto gave the following remarks.

"We will stop the research on high resolution CCD."

"We have been continuously developing high quality digital camera with high
resolution CCD. But E-10's 4M pixels CCD is able to give very satisfactory
results even in enlarged prints. I think this is the end of the high
resolution CCD competition."

"5M or 6M pixels are too much for consumer use. Operation, design and other
added values are more important from now on."*

Regards, Frank

2009/3/6 Richard Lovison