Re: [OM] 12 is enough

Subject: Re: [OM] 12 is enough
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 18:41:44 +0000
Richard Lovison wrote:
> I'm surprised no one has mentioned this article yet:
>
> http://news.cnet.com/8301-13580_3-10189546-39.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-5
>
> 12 megapixels sounds good enough to me for a semi-compact camera system.
>    Choosing to focus in the future on dynamic range, color reproduction,
> and better ISO  performance in low light conditions sounds good also.
>
> Richard

Playing Devil's Advocate, Richard, they would say that, wouldn't they?
The easy explanation for such a statement is that they can't compete in
magapixel terms, so admitting it costs them little.

However, it may cost them in marketing terms; like it or not, megapixels
sell, and as larger sensors increase in Mp count and decrease in price,
they may well suffer.

Just playing D's A, as I say.

D.

--