Re: [OM] 12 is enough

Subject: Re: [OM] 12 is enough
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 20:27:24 -0500
Donald wrote:

> Playing Devil's Advocate, Richard, they would say that, wouldn't they?
> The easy explanation for such a statement is that they can't compete in
> magapixel terms, so admitting it costs them little.
>
> However, it may cost them in marketing terms; like it or not, megapixels
> sell, and as larger sensors increase in Mp count and decrease in price,
> they may well suffer.

Yes, they could suffer but if the suffering becomes unbearable, they can
always change their mind since it seems they have in the past as Frank
pointed out. ;)

I'm happy with the E-3, even at 10MP. For my needs, if they stayed at
12MP it wouldn't be a disappointment or a reason to jump ship. At this
point, dynamic range improvement is more of a motivating factor to
upgrade than more megapixels.

Part of my reason for staying with Olympus had to do with money. If I
would have had more available to play with I might have explored a full
frame sensor with either Canon or Nikon though I wonder if I would have
missed Oly's colors.

Richard

--
Richard Lovison Photography