Re: [OM] Offensive Material on TOPE.

Subject: Re: [OM] Offensive Material on TOPE.
From: Olaf Greve <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 19:29:41 +0100
Hi Ken (and others),

 >Upon further thought, I'm not going to write anything to anybody
until our
 >research yields some facts.  No need to let this spread any farther
if it's
 >just a false alarm.  Let's just say that it's an ugly accusation and
one
 >that has no business being spread.

I shall do the same. I will make no mention to anyone of the
accusations read, other than (at most) those people who already know
them. I too hope that it's just slander, and that there is no truth in
it.

 >It's incredible how quickly a person's lifetime of achievements can be
 >undone by a rumour or by his or her own failings.  I prefer not to
 >contribute to a false accusation.

Exactly, for that precise reason I (earlier today) chose not to repeat
the precise accusation on list.

Finally regarding Oben: "an individual who pushed some people a little
too far" is a very nice understatement for the situation back then; a
thing with which Graham had nothing to do, BTW...

Cheers,
Olafo