Re: [OM] Workflow and old barn pictures

Subject: Re: [OM] Workflow and old barn pictures
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 09:44:11 -0600
On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 2:09 AM, SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Following discussions last week on Raw processing I have modified my
> workflow to shoot raw and jpg, import both into aperture in seperate
> directories and use the jpg unless I need to make adjustments, it means
> more work and twice the storage space but storage is cheap now. I will
> pay more attention to what software a reviewer uses in future and wonder
> when people complain about colours of differing models if its just down
> to the raw processor. I do need to learn my camera better though.

This seems like a smart approach, if you are wedded to Aperture.  It
might actually save quite a bit of time over my approach, which is to
shoot RAW and use Studio.  In my case, where the alternative is
Lightroom rather than Aperture, I do believe that Lightroom adds its
own bits to the cauldron, so Studio it is for now.  You kicked off a
useful discussion!

Joel W.