[OM] OT sort of. Messages coming in out of order.

Subject: [OM] OT sort of. Messages coming in out of order.
From: Doug <doug9345@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 10:24:49 -0500
This is mostly a curiosity question as I don't see that there is any soution
at all. I just find it really odd.

This morning John hudson asked about the US President's Day. One hour later I
replied.  When I pulled my email again Michael Collins had commented to a
reply that Joel Wilcox had made which I hadn't see. Thirty seconds later I
pulled my email yet again  my reply was there but not Joel's. His reply came
in about 10 minutes later.

The reason I find this curious is that since my reply came back in less that a
minute the list server isn't holding mail and my ISP is receiving and will
send me  email immediately. Joel's email obviously got to the list server and
was forwarded because Michael read and replied to it.

I realize that all internet traffic does take separate routes, but almost an
hour seems like a long time for something to get lost in cyberspace. -Doug