Re: [OM] [IMG] Small Jurassic Park

Subject: Re: [OM] [IMG] Small Jurassic Park
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:05:15 +1100
Nice monitor man!
Eye flash is widely divergent in colour - I've been spotlighting
nocturnal animals with experts who could tell what animal it was
before we got close just by the colour. Most nocturnal animals have
bright eyeflash because of the reflective layer already mentioned -
brushtail possums here are bright yellow and most people would see
this effect in cats. The lizard is not nocturnal and the colour may
not be retinal but from the nictating membrane, the inner and semi-
transparent eyelid of lizards and others.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nictating_eyelid
However, my dog returns a pale blue eyeflash as well so...
http://www.pbase.com/afildes/image/109189184
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx