Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 09:11:21 +0100
Yes its a nuisance, one workaround is to move the jpgs into a seperate
folder and then import into another folder within aperture, I then
created a smart album after rating the jpg and raw with one star so that
I could compare them side by side.

It seems that my jpgs were set to vivid mode rather than normal so the
colours were false, however I see much more detail in the jpgs than the
raw file processed by aperture.

I had a look at studio 2 and it doesn't seem to bad although I would
prefer to just use aperture (and cs4)  for my workflow, rather than
introducing another step, maybe I just need to import the jpgs into
aperture and keep the raw files outside for adjustments if needed.

The first view of a raw file in studio is identical to the jpg - to my
eyes at least.

Ian W - who is SwissPace as well - sorry about the confusion!