Re: [OM] OT Recycling, again :-)) [was Off-topic: Re: 1TB drives now und

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Recycling, again :-)) [was Off-topic: Re: 1TB drives now under $100]
From: Ralf Loi <ralf_loi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 17:39:07 +0100
<<
I wonder why everybody has gone on the 16:9 bandwagon? On a 22"+ size
desktop screen, it's fine, leaving room for overlapping windows,
bookmark lists, tool menus, and so on. I've still got 1050 vertical
pixels. By the time you subtract all the label and menu bars on most
apps, there's precious little actual image space in 600 pixels. I think
4:3 would make a lot more sense on a netbook, but I suppose it's like
the megapixel race.

I wonder too, I think it hasn't any valid explanation. If you want to
see a movie you'll use a TV not a laptop.
At work when I changed my laptop one year ago, I was given a Thinkpad
T61 (16:9) that I promply swapped with a T60 (4:3).

Ralf Loi