Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 18:22:17 +0000
Yup, Irfanview looks pretty shabby as well; a Winders-only
application, I believe.

Looks have a lot to do with it.  I wonder at the designer of a piece
of software if they are just managing to make the functions work and
cannot get the overall design together.  But I'm not talking only
about aesthetics: the ease and logic of use are major factors in
whether I will bother with an application.

The Olympus applications are built, or at least commissioned, by a
company whose products are intended to to be used for making beautiful
images.  I cannot reconcile a rubbish-looking bit of software with
that overall aim.  Nor can I see how the same company comes up with
such a poorly designed workflow.  Picasa looks much better, as free
applications go.

Now, you have me on the results.  If Studio/Viewer produce the right
results you have to use them; but since I am incapable of spotting the
difference, Aperture (and LightZone and Picasa, along with iView and
PS) do the trick for me.

Chris