Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: Ian W <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 17:17:02 +0100
Going back to my original posting I think part of my problem is the raw
convertor in aperture, For a couple of days I shot raw and jpg (normally
I only shoot raw) and imported both into aperture, there is a noticeable
difference in colour and sharpness (detail)  between the two which no
amount of raw fine tuning seems to fix. For the first time ever I opened
the same raw image in master and compared it to the ones in aperture. It
looks identical to the jpg version.

This is a real blow as I like aperture because of its one program
solution and ability, if anyone else is using aperture could they
compare a raw and jpg file (you have to import the jg to a separate
folder and then I created a smart album to see them side by side)

I also opened it in camera raw 5 that came with photoshop cs4 and it
also looks different (darker) though better than the aperture as it
retains the detail) also does anyone use lightroom and if so could they
do a comparison for me as well - (preferably on a mac)

Note I am comparing them all on the same screen so that I don't have any
colorsync issue in the equation.

Thanks in advance Ian W