Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 10:18:01 -0500
The E3 manual says to turn the IS off when on a tripod.  IIRC, older
Canyon lenses require turning the IS off when on a tripod but later
lenses are able to detect tripod mounting and quiet themselves.  They
can also be switched such that only the vertical component is active
thus allowing panning horizontally without interference from the IS.

Chuck Norcutt