Re: [OM] Help needed: any possible way to recover them ....

Subject: Re: [OM] Help needed: any possible way to recover them ....
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 18:23:30 -0300
Reporting results on file recovery software:

One sentence: both should be used.

PhotoRec v6.10 recovered completely usable and uncorrupted files only,
which means it *repaired* damaged files while recovering at the cost of
ignoring at least 2 damaged files.
ImageRescue3 recovered both corrupted and uncorrupted files, and I could
repair two of them with a minor crop.

PhotoRec v6.10 recovered 68 files - one more than the Stylus' own counter ( 67
) - !!.
ImageRescue3 recovered a lot more, but many of them corrupted - two suffered
from minor damage and these two were ignored by PhotoRec v6.10. OTOH, PhotoRec
v6.10 recovered files which were seen as damaged by ImageResue3, that's why I
say PhotoRec v6.10 *repaired* those.

Since there are many file recovery software, comparison could fill a large
table - so, take this as a simple experiment with one conclusion: use more than
two.

Nice thing about PhotoRec v6.10: the software package comes in fact with two
Utilities, TestDisk & PhotoRec.

Again, thanks a lot Ian and Chuck.

Fernando.