Re: [OM] deleting image files in camera.

Subject: Re: [OM] deleting image files in camera.
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 07:02:34 -0600
On Mon, Feb 9, 2009 at 5:08 AM, John Hudson <OM4T@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Someone posted a message recently opining that unwanted image files should
> not be deleted in camera.
>
> What was the reason for suggesting that unwanted images should not be
> deleted by exercising the trash-can button on the camera?

The main argument is that deleting in-camera makes it harder to rescue
those specific files later if you need to.

Another argument (of a wholly different order) is aesthetic:  you
might exercise better judgment about deleting images if you see them
on the computer first.

Nevertheless, I personally delete images off the card all of the time.
In my case, accidental erasure of a whole card is not among my arsenal
of bad habits and I don't let others get into my camera bag to look at
and edit my photos in-camera.  If it did happen, presumably I would
know not to use that card until I had run a recovery process, assuming
I had discovered that it happened.  In any case, deleting single
images off the card has nothing to do with that scenario.

YMMV.

Joel W.