Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1

Subject: Re: [OM] E-3 versus E-1 - pictures better with E-1
From: David Irisarri <div2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 2009 17:00:24 +0100
Hi Chuck,

I am not an engineer and I don´t really understand this complex
technical data so I apologize if I am reporting something wrong but I
remember reading this in slrgear about E-510 and Zuiko Digital 50 f2.

Sharpness
Looking at the blur graph, the lens is incredibly sharp: it barely
surpasses one blur unit at ƒ/2, and by ƒ/4 it produces images as sharp
as our scale can detect. This sharpness trend continues all the way to
ƒ/16, where diffraction limiting starts to set in. By ƒ/22, the lens
still produces fantastic results, registering just over 2 on our blur
scale. Some lens owners would be content to see the kind of performance
you see at ƒ/22 at more commonly used apertures such as ƒ/8. Overall,
absolutely superb performance.

Do you think E-3 is diffraction limited?

http://www.slrgear.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/35/cat/all

Warmest regards,

David