Re: [OM] Western Digital My Passport Essential USB 2.0-Powered External

Subject: Re: [OM] Western Digital My Passport Essential USB 2.0-Powered External Drives
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 20:30:48 +0800
I will not put all my trust to one test program as I don't know how it was
wrote, if you only read or write a small file you will not see the truth. My
Pinnacle Studio reported the R/W speed of my SATA drive as 39.6/29.8MB (ok,
it is an old drive) and the USB drive as 29.5/25MB.

Why not simply copy a folder full of files and compare the result? It is how
I use my backup drives.

I'm not arguing the $5 difference, I will also go for the duo version, just
don't belive there is such a big difference (even 3x not to mention 5x).

C.H.Ling