Re: [OM] OM-5D, part II, Winter Pear Orchard

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-5D, part II, Winter Pear Orchard
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:31:48 -0500
Your point about a too thin adapter is well taken.  But my point is that
you have no grounds to suspect the adapter is too thin just because
infinity focus is indicated at 3 meters.  Even a moderately large print
taken at 3 meters focusing distance would show infinity well in focus.
If it can't be shown on an enlarged print one is certainly not able to
see it on the focusing screen no matter how good it is.

The best way to tell the accuracy of the adapter is to measure its
thickness with a micrometer or good quality caliper.  For OM to EOS (46
vs 44mm) the adapter should be exactly 2mm thick.

Dr. Focus