Re: [OM] OM Metal Lens Hoods

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Metal Lens Hoods
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 21:55:13 -0800
Wayne Harridge wrote:
>> Don Holbrook <> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks. I slid the rubber bumper at the end of the hood back 1/4 inch and a
>> 4" id plastic lid fits perfectly.  Mine is 77 but not screw-in --- it clips
>> into a groove next to the red ring.
>
> Mine's a clip on type too - there must have been a few versions of this
> Tokina 70-200/2.8.

I believe Chuck has the AF model. My MF version also has a clip-on
hood.. That size cap fits, but I'm not sure what the point is. The hood
reverses for storage and the cap works fine in that position.

The Tamron 80-200/2.8 mood doesn't fit the can lid, a bit small, but
again, it reverses for storage.

In any case, with my relatively slender fingers, it's not at all hard to
put the regular Tokina cap on an off with hood mounted, and it's a snap
with the center pinch Tamron cap on either lens.

There's a Hama center pinch 49mm cap that will work on the 24/2.8 with
hood mounted, but it's not up to the quality of the Tamron caps. A
roughed up surface or something a bit sticky on the places where you
pinch might fix that.

Moose