Re: [OM] OM Metal Lens Hoods

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Metal Lens Hoods
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 07:40:13 -0500
I agree with CH that you must be thinking of Sigma.  The Sigma 150/2.8
can be bought from B&H for $669.
<http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/352422-USA/Sigma_104101_150mm_f_2_8_EX_APO.html>

The THK Photo website (US importer) doesn't show such a lens in current
production or on their archive page which shows discontinued products.
However, the archive doesn't show all past products.  But if it ever
existed I think it would have to have been 10 or more years ago not to
show up on the archive page.

Current Tokina lens line (2 full-frame, 6 APS-C size)
<http://www.thkphoto.com/products/tokina/>
Archive Tokina lens line (9 MF 35mm, 11 AF 35mm, 1 AF APS-C)

There is some confusion between current and archive on the 12-24/4 APS-C
lens which shows in both places.  There is a newer 12-24 version II but
the old one is still being sold and the new one doesn't yet show up at B&H.

Chuck Norcutt