Re: [OM] OM Metal Lens Hoods

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Metal Lens Hoods
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:11:59 -0800
Ken Norton wrote:

> Chuck, that is valuable information.  I'm going to see if one will fit over
> the lens hood of the Tokina AT-X 100-300/4.  Sounds like it's the same size.
> In my current bag configuration, both the 24/2.8 and the AT-X are
> going "commando" as the lens caps are impossible to use with the hoods.

I just made an error in my last post. No 49mm cap, including the Hama,
will work with the 24/2.8 metal hood - because there are no filter threads.

However -- A Tamron 55mm center pinch cap works very well, grabbing onto
the internal ribbing of the hood. Goes on and off with ease, holds on
quite tenaciously when shaken and is well below the rim. so it won't get
knocked off.

A neater solution than the plastic lid, although a little bit more
expensive.

Moose