Re: [OM] OT--A few New Ones

Subject: Re: [OM] OT--A few New Ones
From: Donald <d1956m198d@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 19:16:23 +0000
Chris Barker wrote:
> I have a pair of Sealskinz, Joel, for when it's too cold for my
> fingerless gloves.
>
> They're not too difficult to shoot in, but my best gloves are green
> military ones (which of course I use only on duty).  They come with
> "Combat Soldier 95" uniform and are knitted material of some sort with
> rubber-type pimples for grip on the inside of the hand (palm-side).
> For their size they are warm -- amazing considering how useless some
> of our troops' uniform has turned out to be in extreme climates.
>
> Chris

I've always fancied a pair of those brown leather dress gloves you see
the officers wearing at a 'do'. Like to know where they were sourced.

For shooting I use Damart gloves, my fingers get too cold for
fingerless, I wear the long cuff, full glove version.

Coldest I've ever been was in the Cairngorms. I made a mistake, carrying
on when I shouldn't have. Then I failed to find the Shelter Stone. Then
I made ANOTHER mistake; instead of stopping and digging a snowhole, I
headed uphill towards another bothy some distance away. Then I almost
missed THAT...

I was too cold to sleep and was still walking like Gort when I got back
to Glenmore the next day. Never been so stupid since (I was only 19).

D.