Re: [OM] PTGui vs PhotoShop photomerge

Subject: Re: [OM] PTGui vs PhotoShop photomerge
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2009 01:16:19 -0800
Frank van Lindert wrote:
> What a concidence, Chuck.
> I also was busy today building a small panorama picture, consisting of 2
> frames only. And I also have always used PTGui, but today started with CS
> (version 2 in my case).
> It worked like a dream: I could just accept all default values suggested by
> PS.
> Here is a small version of the result (next years X-mas card, perhaps)
> http://www.vanlindert.nl/Frank/knot1+2_with_c.jpg

Delicious!

I have done a few panoramas using PS CS2 & 3. I think 3 may be a bit
better. In any case, sometimes it has worked like magic first time at
the defaults, sometimes not, requiring some help and/or clean-up.

At nine, this one is the most pieces I've used.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Miscellaneous&image=MossBraeP116laz.jpg>

There are three more panoramas done in PS in the same gallery. On the
last one, PS simply couldn't recognize the connection between central
and right images on its own. I think perhaps the relatively low contrast
and lack of detail in the overlap area, esp. working before other
processing, may be why.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Miscellaneous&image=IMG_145-147ii.jpg>

Moose