Re: [OM] E system metering was Dpreview Challengesbeta: Firstwinners

Subject: Re: [OM] E system metering was Dpreview Challengesbeta: Firstwinners
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 08:21:21 +0800
The D-range is for JPEG only, RAW has much more and I only shoot RAW so I
don't care about the JPEG D-range. On the same page you can see the RAW
headroom for E-3 is exceptionally low.

For E-1 I can use normal exposure, if there is anything over by error I can
recover in RAW file. For E-3 I always need to set it to -2/3 stop to avoid
any chance of over exposure. I had the E-3 for two months with over a
thousand shots, I like the E-1 more including handling and image quality
(except resolution of course), but the multi-angle liveview LCD is really
great.

C.H.Ling