Re: [OM] email address posted in the body

Subject: Re: [OM] email address posted in the body
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 09:41:09 -0800
> From: Chris Barker <ftog AT threeshoes DOT net>
>
> But if I'm right about harvesters not bothering with looking in
> headers (a big "if", I know) the same reasoning would apply to the
> archived emails and their headers.
>
> And it might be that harvesters don't look in headers because they
> might be forged, by other spammers.

There are a number of us in this group who have been doing Internet
programming for decades, including parsing out email addresses.

I think your wishful thinking ("if I'm right," "might be") is getting
in the way of logical thinking.

Although some headers can be forged easily, I would say that if
someone dropped a bag of money on my desk and said, "Get me ten
million email addresses, stat!" I'd go right for the headers in email
list archives. There are probably tens of thousands of such archives
about.

:::: A virus has marked this email as being virus-free! ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.VeggieVanGogh.com ::::