Re: [OM] email address posted in the body

Subject: Re: [OM] email address posted in the body
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 14:12:14 +0000
Jan

That's why I wrote, "seems ...", so that there was no mistaking my
meaning.  There was indeed nothing scientific about my conclusion, nor
need there be.

It's based on the fact that when some plonker puts my email address in
the body of an email I start to receive spam in the next few days.  It
might be that the headers are more difficult to scan or harvest email
from.  Or it might be that the "From" email address can be forged; or
that that field is often spam.  And it could be coincidence, of
course, but I'm taking as few chances as possible.  If I start to
receive too much spam on accounts with my own domains I change the
email address, which is a bit of a pain, but it means that the spammer
is having less luck than with a filtered address.

So, whether or not my reasoning is unscientific, I would rather not
have my email addresses in the body of emails.

And there's no need to shout, Jan: I would have read and understood
that paragraph with or without capitals.

Chris