Re: [OM] OM Bellows Questions

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Bellows Questions
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 20:03:17 -0500
No apologies required since I don't really know what I'm talking about.

But perhaps we're barking up the wrong tree thinking of re-using our
49mm filters.  If the thread is truly Series VI (and I think it could be
because I measured it at 44.xx mm inside the thread) then the logical
(and standard) arrangement for series filters would be a step-up ring
from Series VI to Series VII.  That was a common item of the day.  But
Series  VI to 49mm might also have been readily available then even if
not common.

Still, it bothers me that the thread pitch seems extremely fine for a
filter thread and it especially bothers me that this doesn't seem to be
documented anywhere.  Furthermore, while it might be convenient to have
another filter mount ring for use with a reversed lens there's no reason
you can't have your 49mm filters installed on the front of the lens even
though the lens is reversed.  The bellows connecting ring fits easily
over my 49mm filters.

Chuck Norcutt