Re: [OM] OM Bellows Questions

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Bellows Questions
From: Wayne Harridge <wayneharridge@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 15:40:33 +1100

> Jay Drew <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> But I did learn that (according to the MIR site) that the boards are
> threaded
> for Series VI filters.  I don't have that filter (and why wouldn't they
> use 49mm
> filter thread?) - so I can't verify that tidbit of information.  I see
> ridges
> but I couldn't say for certain that they are threads or just ridges to
> knock
> down reflected light.

Yes, I think I read the same thing on the eSIF - I doubt I have any Series VI
filters I could use.

> But back to the original premise of the show, just how much extension do
> you
> need Wayne?  Take a cine lens and reverse it on a bellows.  Gobs and
> gobs of
> magnification.  No depth of field but magnification galore.

I don't really need any extra extention, just wondering about those threaded
holes !

By the way, which cine lenses are good for this ?

I have used a 30/2.8 Rokkor enlaging lens reversed which works pretty well and
because of the way it's constructed with an exposed rear element on a narrow
shaft (would normally project into the enlarger bellows) it allows some light
to get to the subject.

...Wayne

Wayne Harridge

http://lrh.structuregraphs.com