Re: [OM] Film scanning - need help

Subject: Re: [OM] Film scanning - need help
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 20:43:05 -0500
Just a wild guess.  Is this possibly a scanner overheating problem?  Was
the scanner powered on all during the time of your break?  Were the
Nikon software scans you used for comparison done at a time where the
scanner (if previously hot) had a chance to cool off?

I don't really think this scenario is very likely but it's the only
thing that pops into my head.  You know that VueScan was operating
correctly and that the Nikon software was operating correctly so one
could infer that something funny may have been going on with the
hardware in between.

OK, I just thought of another possibility.  VueScan's operation has been
affected by a bug in itself or in the OS which only surfaced after long
usage.  Restart VueScan or better, reboot the system and try again.

Chuck Norcutt