Re: [OM] Now that all is white

Subject: Re: [OM] Now that all is white
From: "Darin" <d.rhein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 01:29:19 -0800
Jan wrote
> We now have 2.5 FEET on the ground, and the forecast is for snow
> through the weekend.
>
> We've lost two temporary structures, and I'm shovelling the roofs of
> greenhouses and other temporary structures twice a day. Even a plastic
> shovel pokes holes in fabric structures when it's cold and has several
> hundred pounds of frozen water on it. We've taken to putting tarps
> inside these structures to protect the contents. If the "hay barn"
> goes, we won't be able to feed our animals through the winter.
>
> It was fun for a while. But it can stop now.

I hear you Jan!

We only got about 1.5 feet, but that's a lot for this area, set a new record
for snow in December. Lost one temporary structure at my work, and spent my
day plowing snow from driveways and parking lots for my parents and their
neighbors. It started melting a bit today, but the forecast is calling for a
chance of another couple inches tomorrow.

Darin