[OM] BW filters, was 1/2000 rarely used

Subject: [OM] BW filters, was 1/2000 rarely used
From: "siddiq@xxxxxxx" <siddiq@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 09:54:33 -0800
On Dec 23, 2008, at 9:46 AM, Ken Norton wrote:

>> So, your E1 knows how to soften the "crow's feet" around the eyes of
>> elderly women?  :-)
>>

> Orange filter, convert to B&W.
>
> :)

OK, help me out there... been playing with filtered BW (in camera) for
kicks. The "help" button on the D90 says Green for restrained skin
tones, and caucasian skin looks horrible. Says Yellow for more
contrast in sky (or something like that), and that yields the best
looking portraits. Am I missing something? or am I photographing the
wrong skin tones under the wrong lighting (incand. for the most part).

/s